
I know Gordon B. Hinckley is a prophet of God. He led the church through revelation and guidance from Jesus Christ. His influence in my life has been immense, as he has been the prophet almost my entire marriage. I have come to enjoy his wit and humor, and marvel at his humility and strength. He was a man worthy of his calling. I know he and Marjorie will now live happily ever after.
I can't say his passing is completely unexpected, but there had been no word of any illness. We were having family scripture study when the phone call came. I felt a shock through my body when my husband announced the news. Isaac's immediate response was: "Because of oldness?" I'm glad his question diverted my emotions to laughter, because I could feel the tears well up. I love our prophet, and I will miss his leadership and example.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
I add my testimony to so many others.
Posted by
Brandy
at
9:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Comic relief is a wonderful thing. I was a little surprised because honestly he has more energy than I do. What a great post, I am glad you posted.
Jeanette received a phone call from her mother last night that President Hinkley had died. She was at the point of tears and woke the children to tell them. She was concerned that she had to tell her seminary class the news.
We looked for news on the television, but there appeared to be none. LDS.ORG has an article up.
I guess living here in Utah we have an advantage on LDS news. President Hinkley did have a cancer removed about a year or so ago. He spoke of not knowing how long he would be on this earth.And he spoke of his beloved wife.
I was not surprized of his passing on. I just remember his speaking to prepare us this day was comming. Mom B.
Post a Comment