Friday, January 18, 2008

A long-awaited visit

A couple of years ago I had to run to Austin to pick up my brother-in-law from the airport. That's when I first saw it. Ikea. Right there in Round Rock. In vain, I mentioned out loud that I wanted to visit that store one day.

Yesterday was that one day. Yeehaw! My mom had some business in Austin, and since I only had Emma and Jake, I hitched a ride. It didn't take much begging for my mom to agree to a stop in Round Rock.

It was all I imagined. I came home and asked Paul if we could get rid of everything we had and re-buy it all from Ikea. Well, he didn't say yes. I loved their kids' stuff. It is so adorable. A lot of their chairs are so cute, too. I loved their organization stuff, and I want to go back and buy Emma a "real" dresser there someday soon.

Honestly though, I'm a practical person and since our house is fully furnished and bedrooms are overflowing, I was severely restricted in what I could buy. I did pick up 8 of these puppies. We've had the same Dollar General glasses for years now. The best part, these glasses were only 59 cents each! I know. Crazy. I should have bought 10!

One last thing. When we lived in Provo, there was a Target-like store that opened up in Orem. It had restricted parking for "Pregnant Moms Only". Kinda fitting in Provo/Orem. I thought it was thoughtful (especially since I was pregnant 3 times in the 5 years we lived there.) Ikea had restricted parking, too, but for something else. I'm not making this up, but the first parking stall in our row had a parking sign that said "Electric/Hybrid Parking Only." It's sad to note that the stall remained empty the whole 1-2 hours we were there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love IKEA! They just opened one up here in Draper. Enzo's crib mattress is from there, but that's about all I have and I didn't even purchase it. Anyway, cool store and definitely one you can get lost in. =)

karin said...

I can spend hours in Ikea and usually just end up buying one $5 toy and a cinnamon roll on the way out.

J & M Shumate Family said...

I love IKEA too. They don't have one here...SHOCKER!!! Last time I went was in Phoenix during Thanksgiving 2006. They have awesome buys...that is for sure! Ikea is one store you can seriously get lost in!

Anonymous said...

You have me excited to go check out Ikea. Maybe I'll have to remodel something???
Love- Carrie