Friday, August 31, 2007

catch-up

Too busy to blog? Who woulda thunk it? On Wednesday, Emma woke up pretty sick. She went to bed the same way. So I figured that my Thursday would consist of taking care of her, disinfecting things so the rest of us don't get it, and making a trip to the doctor followed by the pharmacist. Wrong. She woke up Thursday morning fine and chipper. So it threw me for a loop. After a couple of hours, I was able to shower and run some errands. It turned out pretty good.

Today has long been planned to be the day I drive up to the church's cannery in Carrollton. I put out order forms a month ago, and I had quite a large order to fill. The Saints in Waco are stocking up their food storage. Yeah for them. Anyway, the last time I drove up there, Jake was only 2 months old, so the 5 hour trip was not too bad. He slept a lot. He's now 8 months old. I know better. I wasn't even going to try to take him. My mom kept Emma and Jake for me. But that meant I was to be alone. Until I called my good friend, Sister Vance.

Have you ever met a person that would not shut-up? Ya, that was me today. I talked Jeanette's ear off. She knows more about me and my family than she ever wanted to know. I'll know if she's a true friend if she ever talks to me again. (just kidding, Jeanette) The real test would be if I invited her to ride up there with me next time I go....We'll see. I try not to be cruel to the people who are nice to me. Thanks Jeanette for keeping me company all the way there and all the way back.

Now for the next week, it's canning, canning, canning. And all the other stuff that never seems to go away. And the kids have Monday off school. Okay, one day at a time...take it one day at a time.

2 comments:

karin said...

I actually enjoy a day here and there where I am too busy to even get on the computer. But too many days in a row and I get a little antsy- what did we do without the Internet? I am glad you are busy with canning, I hope I can get to the cannery soon. Our ward goes at 9am and it is not like Bryan can take a lunch break that early!
I am sure Jeanette enjoyed the trip- I would have.

Anonymous said...

Don't let Brandy fool you. It is a pleasure to be with her and listen and make her listen to me. It was a fabulous way for me to spend a day that hadn't been to wonderful since after dealing with interesting 14, 15, 16 year olds at 6am. Did you know some of them have to leave to go to work before school and can't stay and clean up? Thanks for fixing my day Brandy. JCV