
What day is it? Really, already? My, how time flies. I think I had such a bad day yesterday that I just erased it from memory. Have you ever pushed a child past his good behavior threshold? Like when sacrament meeting goes 10 minutes too long and the kids have behaved the entire meeting except the extra ten minutes? I have had a long summer with six children in my care all day, and in any of the years past, school would have started this week. My kids have behaved all summer, but they just can't handle this last little bit of extra time off. Yep, on Friday they turned off their good behavior monitors and put me in a grumpy mood....
Have you ever thrown a party and had no one show up? How about being invited to a party and you're the only one to show up--including the host? Well, that's what happened to me today. I consider myself one of the most informed people in the ward. I know what's goin' on when. It's just a byproduct of doing the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter, but still, I know the ward calendar. And I know that at 8am this morning ward members were supposed to show up at the "round" American Bank in Bellmead to carpool up to the temple. I've typed this announcement up several times. I know I'm not mistaken. But guess what--I was the only one there. I arrived an uncharacteristic 15 minutes EARLY and stayed 20 minutes after. And no one. I wasn't prepared for the lonely ride in my hubby's not-good-for-long-distance-driving car, so I just returned home. No temple trip. No spiritual feast. No inspiration for my "forgiveness" talk I have to give tomorrow.
Ya, I was sad. So I did the next logical thing--I mowed grass. All day. A lot of it. But after the mowing, (and weed whacking, and bush trimming, and sidewalk blowing) I found nature's beauty--and pride in a hard day's work.
So in the end, my spirits were lifted, but I've had a slight headache all evening and my feet hurt to walk on them. Go figure!
3 comments:
I am sorry no one showed up to the "party." I hate when that happens but you got a lot accomplished. I have been grateful for the days when I can get a lot accomplished (even when I have been stood up). I hope your talk goes well.
No bueno! But just think, soon they'll be back in their schedules & you can sit home watching tv, scrapbooking, & eating bonbons, right? :)
Glad to hear your spirit was lifted a little in the end. Don't you just hate days like that! When days start that way...I just want them to end ASAP! I'm sure your talk will be great!
Post a Comment