Thrilled. That's how she feels. She's been planning this day for over a year. Last year a girl at school donated her hair to Locks of Love, and that inspired Rebekah. This morning at the school assembly, Rebekah was given a certificate for 'Outstanding Character and Generosity' for donating her hair. That was a surprise--not the outstanding character, but the recognition for it. Tomorrow, I'm sure the extra attention by the kids and teachers will help make Rebekah feel extra glad that she did it.
What's impressive to me is that Rebekah has read up on Locks of Love and really knows what it's all about. We made sure to read all the rules so her donation would be accepted, but she went further than that. She understands why the kids need the wigs and how getting a wig helps the kids feel so much better. I'm proud of her. It's great to see this journey of her's come to such a wonderful end. Sadly, my french braiding days are over for a while. I love to french braid her hair.
10 comments:
Rebekah,
I am so proud of you. That is a great way to set a goal, study and learn about it and fulfil it. I'd say you are ready for YW for that is exactly what Personal Progress is all about. WAY TO GO!!!
Love,
Sister Nielsen
She looks sooo cute! What a sweet girl, too! Lots of sisters from my mission donated their hair. (Unfortunately, I can't stand my hair that long, so I didn't.) What a great thing to do!
I am SO GLAD you posted about this. I donated my hair last summer and had the plan that I would just donate, grow hair, donate, grow hair, and so on. But I am getting sick of my hair and WANT to cut it. I am now motivated to continue growing my hair again, Thank you Rebekah!
Oh, her short hair looks really good.
How proud I am of Rebekah,I know during the summer she would have like to cut it but she held to her plan and she did it. Rebekah has taught us that if we are strong to our convictions than we can achieve whatever we want. Good going Rebekah!!
Now Rebekah you really do look SASSY. HAHA, Love Grandma
Rebekah's new hair cut looks GREAT on her! What a thoughtful kid to donate her hair to help another.
She is such a terrific girl. I'm so proud of her! She's a good example to all of us! :)
Bekka, you should grow some more for Paka. All my hair is grey and going away fast. You are the best
I can't believe how long Bekah's hair was to begin with! What an awesome thing to do!
Kari
Post a Comment