My husband has often sat and watched an entire baseball game despite the fact that he knows who already won. He does it with "BYU Classic Football", too. I've never understood that. I'm more of a results-oriented kind of girl. Just tell me who won.
When the season started, Paul Ivan asked if we could watch American Inventor. With him being gone, the show is no longer on the "must watch" list, but it still tapes on the DVR anyway. So knowing it was the season finale last night, I decided to watch the show this afternoon to see who won. To sum up for those who didn't watch, there were three finalists who each invented a pretty cool product. One would win $1 million. The important part is this: after they announced the winner, George Foreman (yes, the grill guy was serving as one of the judges) said, "there are no losers here tonight, just one more great winner in the world." I really like that thought. If I compare myself to others, I might be a loser, but if I compare myself to my former self, I'll see I'm a winner indeed. It's all about perspective. Go George.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Waxing Philosophical
Posted by
Brandy
at
3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
such suspense.... who won?
I agree completely- with you and Tonya. Speaking of Tonya, when is she going to start a blog?
Hey that is so funny that you liked that quote. It was my favorite thing of the night. In fact I was going to blog about it as well. You beat me to it. I'm glad "guardian angel" won.
Post a Comment