Don't actions speak louder than words? We are a family that has a rigid, set, long-standing, traditional format for FHE. We hardly ever vary. It works for us. But tonight we were invited to be part of something very special, so we accepted. Instead of reading about the priesthood, our children were privileged to watch a father confer the power of the Melchizedek priesthood to his worthy son. It was beautiful. It was touching, and I hope for my children, it was memorable.
It is truly a miracle that in a few short words a worthy man can be given the authority to act with the power of Jesus Christ. It's also a miracle when a young man chooses to be worthy and remain worthy of that authority. I'm grateful for the example this young man has set for my children. They need to "see" more FHE lessons.
It is truly a miracle that in a few short words a worthy man can be given the authority to act with the power of Jesus Christ. It's also a miracle when a young man chooses to be worthy and remain worthy of that authority. I'm grateful for the example this young man has set for my children. They need to "see" more FHE lessons.
3 comments:
Sounds great! We actually had FHE tonight for my mom's birthday...lesson and all. We need to do better at having it every week! Now that Briel is old enough to listen maybe we can make it a habit! :)
The older I get the more I appreciate miracles. We need to get better at being consistent with FHE, I think I need a cool FHE assignment chart too.
I love it! WE love having FHE even if it means Todd & I just singing primary songs over & over until the girls are ready to listen to the lesson. We also had a mini lesson in priesthood, Todd consecrated some oil & explained about that. It was nice. Yeah for FHEs!
Post a Comment