Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Her troubles continue.

So I went into Emma and Rebekah's room because Jake had woken up. I had already sent Emma in there to play with Jake while I finished helping the older kids in the kitchen. When I opened the door, I was met with a very lovely smell. Literally. It smelled like Dillard's perfume counter. I didn't suspect Jake was involved, so I turned my attention to Emma. When asked what smelled so good, Emma just showed me her hands. After getting nowhere in the answer department, I told her to go get the stuff she used. She ran into the bathroom and she brought back some chapstick. Well, she thought it was chapstick because she had rubbed it all over her lips and on her hands. Looking carefully, you could see the white powder under her nose and on her chin. I asked her if it tasted bad and she said, "No." After a little soap and water, her lovely smell was gone. I did tell her that deodorant only goes on her armpits. When I showed her, she just laughed.

3 comments:

karin said...

Girls seem to be into things like that more than boys. My boys just like making messes with toys and toilet paper and running around screaming/yelling (for fun, of course).

Anonymous said...

Mom, she was just trying to make her room smell better, maybe she thought her hands were getting chapped. HAHA. That girl is so funny, you will look back at this as a fond memory when she gets older believe me I do, even tho you kicked me off the bed, NOW it is funny.

The Nielsens said...

I want to know more about the story of Brandy kicking her mom off the bed, Faye I think you should start a blog about life as the mother of Brandy and Tonya. I think there must be some really good stories I would love to know.