Those close to our family know that Emma has a definite affection for my mother. In fact, I've been told on numerous occasions, "No, I don't love you, I love Grandma." (I think Emma used to believe that you could only love one person at a time. Ok, I hope that.) Emma has always been Grandma's girl. Grandma has always reigned supreme. But I think things are changing.
Tonight my cousin stopped by our house, and Emma answered the door with me. My cousin, prompted by the "Happiness is a day with my Grandma" shirt Emma was wearing, made small talk with Emma by asking, "So, do you miss your Grandma?" In her shy voice she plainly said, "I miss Paul Ivan." Say what??? Who? Off the cuff, her answer was Paul Ivan! I couldn't believe it. Then I remembered that when Paul left, he promised me that he would call everyday and he promised Emma that when he called, he would talk with her. He has kept his promise to her, and I think Emma's heart has grown to make room for him.
7 comments:
Emma has always loved her family, she only loves Grandma because I can give her ALL my attention and I watch all of the Dora's she wants to watch. She definately loves her big brother. He's always been a great big brother and I know he's misses her as much as she's misses him. She's a sweetheart. They all are. Grandchildren are great!!!!
OK---You left and I jumped on to check out your blog. It is amazing. I love all the extras like the title, the 'quotes that guide,' the 'friends I learn from,' the brown background and the sitemaster. Nice job! Your writing is really good---very enjoyable reading.
That is so sweet and I love the picture.
Paul is a sweet big brother...what sister wouldn't love him?
That is ADORABLE! Adam surprises me with who misses but usually it is 'Ga' (my mom) or Papa (my dad) and someimes one of my siblings- rarely me.
That is the sweetest thing ever! Paul is such a great child.
AGAIN TEARS! That is so sweet, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment