My birthday was last month. Admittedly, my kids enjoy my birthday more than I do. It's not the getting older thing, it's more the extra attention thing that makes me uncomfortable. Anyway, I got some very thoughtful, nice gifts from friends and family. An aside: Mickie brought me over a huge gift bag with 12 individually wrapped gifts in it with the instructions to open one gift a month for the next year, so I will remember that she's thinking of me all year long. This sounded so sweet in the beginning, but I've only opened one gift so far (an awesome US flag stamp), and I can already tell this is going to be a very long year. Okay, back to my point. My mom and sister gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure, with babysitting included. Let's face it, I am the babysitter, so I don't often get a babysitter. I'm not complaining, just stating fact. So it took a month, but on Thursday the stars aligned and I finally took the time to get my just rewards. It felt great. The pedicure softened and smoothed my feet. The manicure shaped my unkempt nails. I chose a skin-toned nail polish to be applied on both the toes and fingers. I think I look silly with colored nails. I played it safe. Well, I have to say I have felt "prettier" these last few days as I saw the light sparkle off my shiny, painted nails. I've certainly looked at my nails a whole lot more than normal. I've even liked my feet a little more.
But life has taken its course and the cleaning, cooking, and child rearing has removed enough of the polish that my fingers are not looking their Sunday best, so off came the color. It was nice while it lasted. I did manage to find an old bottle of clear "hard as nails." I'm trying to recreate the shine, so I've put on a couple of coats of that. In case you see me tomorrow at church, although they'll be hidden in my shoes, just know that my toe nails are looking better than ever. Thanks Mom and Tonya.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
It didn't last.
Posted by
Brandy
at
11:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I missed it! Glad you had some "me" time!
I LOVE pedicures but rarely get them- in fact I can't remember the last time I had a "real" one. I am glad you had a great birthday.
Post a Comment