Sunday, August 26, 2007

Go Leopards!



No, you have not landed on Lindsey's Stampin' Up blog (although I highly recommend you visit it daily).

I had the privilege to attend Cori's Workshop and Lindsey's 'Crop till you Drop' on Friday night--I dropped at 11pm :(. Cori had some projects for us to do, after which we were free to eat and scrapbook our little hearts out. One of Cori's projects was a simple, but way cute, pencil pouch. I gave my completed one to Rebekah. She likes that sort of thing. Well, she liked it so much that she she came up with the wonderful idea to give one to everyone in her new class on the first day of school--TOMORROW! I do need to clarify for history's sake and say that I promised that this year I would serve as Rebekah's room mom. I have been room mom for both of my boys, but not Rebekah. This "project" was the first of my room mom responsibilities/privileges/obligations. I can tell it's going to be a fun year. I'm hoping Rebekah doesn't come up with too many ideas.

Well, a few dollars (can you believe that the pencils in the pouch cost more than the pouch itself???) and several hours later, and Rebekah's dream has come to fruition. I made her help in the beginning, but the lure of TV won out.

You can see in the picture that beside the pouch is a jumbo paper clip "bookmark". That was also Rebekah's idea. When shopping for the pencils at Walmart yesterday, I ran across those clips and picked up 2 boxes for future use (15 clips for 97 cents!). When Bek found out that those clips could be turned into bookmarks, she quickly decided that that would be a great addition to the pouch.

I sure hope that her little "gift" to her classmates helps her make fast friends. She's in her last year of Elementary school and I hope she enjoys it immensely. If my staying up late into the night to finish cutting and gluing paper together helps Rebekah's first day of school be a success, then I don't mind. I just hope Lindsey can keep coming up with these cute projects for me to copy. I can tell that in a few years, she's going to be a rockin' room mom!

6 comments:

The Nielsens said...

WOW!! I'd say you are off to a great year as ROOM MOM. Great idea Rebekah. Brandy, you are an amazing Mother even without the added bonuses of making a great back to school gift.

karin said...

I am IMPRESSED! I guess I never realized HOW CRAFTY you are! Rebekah's class is lucky to have you as their room mom.

Anonymous said...

These are incrediable cute. The school Leopared theme sure shines through too. Jeanette

mistyp said...

Cute idea! You're way tooooo nice to do those the day before! I hate doing projects under a time constraint! ;)

Stamp With Linz said...

YEAH!! I LOVE THEM! I'm so glad that the little pencil holder idea came in handy! They are so cute! And if you want to get out of the house, come have Emma & Jake play with Ava & Sydnee! :)

Anonymous said...

Great ideas and so cute !!! What a pitty I live in Europe !!!!!
Marie-Hélène from Madrid (Spain)