Currently I serve as the food storage specialist, so occasionally there's food storage talk around our house. Well, little ears are always listening...
I've had a long day away from my house today, so when I finally returned home, I wanted to unwind in my quiet bedroom while reading a few of my friends' blogs. My good husband was tending to the kids in the living room and gave them permission to pop a bag of popcorn in the microwave and then eat it while watching a movie in the playroom--a special treat for them. Well, my bedroom door is open and I can hear everything. (it's still quieter than if I was sitting in the living room with them, right?) All of a sudden I hear the kids yelling to their dad. Their tone was one of urgent concern and they were all yelling the same thing: "Dad, this popcorn is expired. It's expired. It's expired." The poor kiddos didn't know what to do. I could tell Emma ran into the living room to force her dad to hear their plight. He asked them when it expired, and they said June 2007. He then asked if it says "best by" or "expires." Rebekah yells, "best by". They conclude that it's okay to eat, but it might be a little stale.
I guess I'm glad that my kids are learning about food safety, but I hope I don't skew their little minds into thinking it's fresh food or death. This isn't as bad as the time Rebekah cried as she told me how her teacher gave her a drink of Dr Pepper because Rebekah had a headache in school. Rebekah was sure the caffeine would cause irreparable damage. I have to ask myself, what am I teaching my kids?
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Paranoia will destroy ya.
Posted by
Brandy
at
8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kids pick up on things SO quickly. I have a "helper" now so \\\|I'd better hurry and finish this comment.
LOL, I love it. Thanks for sharing.
Thats to funny! Thanks
Post a Comment