My hubby decided it would be good to forgo our normal scripture reading tonight, and let the kids hear some living scripture. So we quickly back-tracked our DVR and found Elder Holland's talk. Great, we'll make the kids--I mean we'll let the kids--listen to an apostle of the Lord. Elder Holland's topic covered the First Article of Faith--which 5 of the 6 of us have memorized. He gave a very educated, scholarly-ish defense of the Godhead as we know it to be. I thought my kids would get something out of it. Here's the report:
Rebekah--her only comment was "Dad, isn't it supposed to be 'people' not 'persons'?" (I told you, Elder Holland speaks scholarly.)
Paul--in the middle, he spit something out of his mouth, which my motherly instinct told me was a tooth. I asked, "did you just lose a tooth?" He just said, "yes" and kept on watching.
Isaac--paid no attention and read a Geronimo Stilton book.
Emma--snuck out of the living room and played with Paul Ivan's laptop. At least she was quiet :).
So you see, I don't exactly have spiritual giants for kids--not yet anyway. But I might have an English major, dentist, librarian, and computer scientist. I guess I should be happy with that.
AND--as I've been blogging tonight, my hubby came in to inform me that the competition between Rebekah and Paul is showing no signs of letting up. You guessed it, the tooth fairy has 2 pillows to visit tonight.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Change in routine.
Posted by
Brandy
at
10:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The tooth thing at the Romer house is definitely out of control.
I can't believe they are losing their teeth like that. I bet Emma is really trying to pull her teeth out now. She wants to lose a tooth so bad.
Post a Comment