I know that trials are personal and usually kept private. But I am ready to speak about mine publicly. It all started a week ago. I opened the freezer portion of my side-by-side refrigerator and saw a large formation of icicles in the upper corner under the ice maker. My college-educated mind quickly deduced that the ice maker was leaking. I turned it off and called 1-800-4-my-home (the Sears repair service line). After explaining my problem, we set up a repair call for Friday. But alas, the repairman caught a nasty bug and had to reschedule for Monday.
During his wait-at-home-all-day-from-8am-to-5pm-10-minute-the-line-is-clogged visit, he was able to get it working, and I knew our ice maker would be up and running again. It was running all right--water was running all over the place. I woke up on Tuesday morning to a puddle under the fridge and a massive iceberg forming under the ice maker. I again called the aforementioned number and due to actually having a life, I agreed to again devote the entire day on Thursday to waiting at home for the all-mighty, all-knowing repair man.
I'm not necessarily asking you to remember our family in your prayers, but please, when you are enjoying your nice cold glass of ice water, don't take it for granted. There are families out there in this world that do not have such privileges.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Tepid Water
Posted by
Brandy
at
11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bran I'm sorry about your ice maker. Hopefully they will get it fixed RIGHT this time.
My sister just dealt with a broken dishwasher and I dislike the wait "between 8am-6pm", like you don't have anything better to do. I dislike tepid water as well, sorry I hope it gets fixed soon.
Post a Comment