Let me be the first to start the name calling--since that is his biggest fear. Can you see anything different about Isaac? Can you guess where we spent a large portion of our afternoon?
According to the quickie research I did on ask.com, I'm still beating the odds. It said that 75% of people need corrective lenses, so I should feel great that only 25% of my children are among that group. I don't always want to meet the status quo. Of course if you include me and Paul, it bumps up our percentage of glasses-wearers to 50%--not as good a success rate.
I sat just two weeks ago and watched Isaac physically freak out as the nurse was giving him two immunization shots. It was definitely a case of fearing the unknown. I thought we were heading down that same road today. As it got closer to our turn for the eye exam, Isaac had me feel how hard his little heart was beating inside his chest. boom-boom-boom-boom. Can a seven-year-old have a heart attack? The eye exam proved easy, but standing in front of the case of eyeglasses in Eyemart is what did him in. The tears flowed as he realized that "he was getting glasses!" He tried every excuse in the book to convince me that he did not need glasses. He could see perfectly. He didn't want to wear them to school. He didn't want to even try them on. After the somewhat embarrassing display of emotions, I picked him out a pair, confirmed that he liked them, and then placed our order--making sure to get the one-year frames and lenses warranty!
In a truly modern miracle, Isaac's new facial accessory was ready in two hours. And his first words were: "wow, there is a big difference. Everything's so clear." Guess he didn't really see perfectly after all.
7 comments:
Yeah Issac. You look very distinguished, and happy. JCV
Isaac, you look so handsome, I love your glasses.Did you catch that fish??? Is it from Paka's lake? I think your Mom had to wear glasses at your age. If someone calls you four eyes tell them 4 eyes are better than 2 and just walk away. You look great!!!!
Mr. Issac, don't let anyone call you a four-eyed geek except me. You know I must aggravate, so just accept it. You have my name, now you have my glasses. I am so honored to have you as my grandson. You are the best young man!!!! Love you, Paka (The real 4-eyed geek)
I think you look great! I think kids in glasses are so cute.
I got glasses in 4th grade and was amazed that the trees had leaves.
They look great! So many people wear glasses anymore that I think almost everyone looks normal in them! ;)
My comment is exactly like Karin's. When I got glasses in 6th grade, the trees were the 1st thing I noticed. That's all I talked about on the way home - Wow! I can see each individual leaf, Mom! They look good on you Issac!
He's adorable!
Post a Comment