When we first arrived, the place was so crowded that we had to snatch a dirty table. The dining room attendants were swamped. But the kids didn't care because lucky for them, it takes like 20 minutes for your pizza to be ready. That's 20 minutes of fun, fun, fun--if your tokens hold out that long. It seemed like Isaac's ran out the fastest. Thanks goes to my mom who bought a fundraiser coupon book that had a coupon for 60 free tokens. That helped A LOT!
Nothing exciting or unexpected really happened at Chuck E. Cheese. But Dad decided to treat the family to Baskin Robbins afterward. It was an unexpected, pleasant surprise. I used to go there as a kid, and my favorite flavor was German chocolate cake. I haven't had it in years and the three times I've ever been in Waco's Baskin Robbins, they've never had that flavor. It's always, "Oh, we had that back in August." or "We have that around Christmastime--come back then." But I never did. Until tonight, and let's just say some things are better left in your memories. It was good, but not as good as I remembered. I don't remember the nuts, and I'm not a big fan of nuts.
Overall, tonight has been good. There's always consequences to every decision and tonight's consequences include a huge caloric intake for me that will take major sacrifice for me to undo, and Isaac is bouncing off the walls. Ya, he's on a sugar high.
2 comments:
I'm so glad the kids had fun, how many tokens did they win? Going for Ice cream afterwards was a bonus, nice going Dad.
Why will you take the children to Chuck E. Cheese but not let Grandma bring Miss Emma to see me in Panama?
Post a Comment