Sunday, October 28, 2007

Please, no more surgeries!

I'm alive....I think. If breathing qualifies as alive, then I am, but if walking around and accomplishing anything is the criteria, I'm dead.

I hate that I've literally sat around or slept for the past 3 days. Time is going by so slowly. But once again, I've had very kind acts of service performed for me and my family. I have wonderful friends who have watched Emma, taken my kids after school (and took them to a restaurant for dinner--a little too generous if you ask me), brought my family a very yummy meal (we're still eating the mashed potatoes-YUM!), and even brought me gifts. I appreciate the phone calls, too, asking how I am. I can't believe people are just sitting at home thinking about me and want to make sure I'm doing okay. All ya'll are so nice.

I've been learning a few things lately. Number one lesson has to be patience. I've always been fairly patient, I thought. I guess it was time for me raise it up a notch. I've learned that I am a person who likes things done in my time frame. Well, for the most part I can be really patient with the Lord with the big things--like wealth and worldly possessions. See, I'm still waiting patiently. But with the little things, like doing the dishes, it's not enough for me to be assured that they will be done--I want them done now....right after dinner, not at midnight as we're going to bed. But since I really can't do anything, I've had to let it go. I have to be extra patient with my family who obviously doesn't appreciate Jake's amazing ability to find, and choke on, things in my carpet. But I have to tell myself that I've been cleaning the house for a long time and they are just learning. Their hearts are in the right place, so whatever I do, I don't want to belittle their good intentions.

But it doesn't take away the truth of the old adage: if you want something done right, do it yourself.

2 comments:

karin said...

I am glad to hear you are "doing well." I hope you have a speedy recovery. I hate learning patience!

I will try to keep you entertained my posting more, but the key word there is TRY. I know what it feels like to not be able to do much and all you want is your friends to post more (like several times a day!), so I will try.

TonyaKuykendall said...

I'm impressed that your family has really kicked it into high gear for you. Your house hasn't consumed you yet. Good going guys!!! Keep it up!!!! And please keep things off the floor so Jake doesn't choke on them. Thanks. Love, Jake's Mom.