Sunday, October 7, 2007

Major Editorial Boards, Here We Come


As a member of the media, I really enjoyed watching between sessions the press conference where President Eyring and Elder Cook answered a variety of questions. I think it is interesting that Elder Eyring, as a member of the church public affairs committee, recommended that church leadership make itself accessible to editorial boards at major newspapers across the United States. The idea is to have a give and take with the media to answer questions and share beliefs. I love it! Now as a member of the First Presidency President Eyring may be attending those board meetings and speaking in behalf of the entire church. It will be interesting to watch and see what develops. President Eyring said he does not even know yet what will transpire, but the First Presidency has approved the recommendation, so you can bet (even though we Mormons don't do such things) that there will be action.
What are the chances they will consider the Temple Daily Telegram a major U.S. newspaper? I'm confident I would be part of that editorial board. Really the only chance one of these events comes to this area would be because of Fort Hood, and that is a stretch to think it could happen. If it does happen, however, count on me being there.
Realistically, I guess I'll just have to scan the wire to see how some of these interviews go.

No comments: