Friday, October 12, 2007

Free Pow Wow in Temple on Saturday


I was at work this week when this gentleman walked through the door seeking publicity for a pow wow this weekend in Temple. Before a photographer went outside to shoot a picture for the paper, I begged to have him take a picture of me and this organizer of the pow wow (I forgot his name). What you can't see in this picture is that the Indian is holding an eagle feather in one hand and a large talon in the other. Also not pictured is the entire newsroom making fun of me for doing this. When I told them it was to spice up my wife's blog, they all stopped their teasing and immediately understood that I was serious.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Picture Paul, What is a talon? What tribe was he from?? I bet the kids loved the photo.

mistyp said...

Wow! Craig said that's cool! However, I don't think I'll let Briel see the animal on the head thing...she's scared of everything. Did you go to the Pow Wow? Your co-workers must not understand how "cool" blogs are! ;)

karin said...

I wish we could see his hands, talons are cool.
I think this photo did "spice up" the blog. I would do the same thing, even if others around me were making fun of me- anything for a posting :)

Anonymous said...

Good thinking to get such a rare picture, but does your wife's blog really need some spicing up? JCV

Anonymous said...

Paul, the Kuna Indians of Panama are cooler than your indians. Kuna Indians don't wear anamal skins, just colorful cloth clothing and stings of beads. Kuna's eat anything that don't eat them first. Then in the rain forrest, everything is a meal to somthing, including Grandma and me!!!!

TonyaKuykendall said...

I think I'm related to him. Did you ask if he knew Grandma English? It'd sure help us track further in Geneaology. Cool Picture. I would have snapped one too, despite the mocks from the crowd.