I've never wanted a cell phone with a camera. But today, I covet.
I ate lunch with Isaac and Rebekah yesterday at their school. It works out that Isaac's lunch ends right when Rebekah's begins. In last weekend's General Conference, Elder Dallin H. Oaks counseled that we have one-on-one time with each of our children. It wasn't exactly one-on-one with Emma and Jake there, but it was a good place for me to start.
Before the kids eat lunch, they go out to "lunch recess"--a ten minute romp on the playground designed to get some energy out and ensure the kids are hungry. As Rebekah's class filed passed the "parent's table", Bek ran up and asked if Emma could go out to the playground with her. That was a nice gesture. I gathered up our lunch, and headed out to supervise. I didn't want the teacher on the playground to think I'd dropped my three year old off. So I stood and watched from a distance.
Rebekah was so gentle and kind--letting Emma dictate where and how long they played. I noticed two other girls following them around, trying to be part of the little sister/big sister bonding. Emma smiled as she ran from one playground toy to the other. Rebekah smiled every time someone asked, "Is that your little sister?" She proudly answered, "Yes" every time.
As I stood leaning against the walkway pole, I was kicking my frugal self for not splurging on a cell phone that can capture memories like the one unfolding before me. So I blog....to help me remember that even from a young age, Rebekah has been a kind soul. She's loving, caring, and considerate. She loves her little sister. But really, I didn't need yesterday's lunch experience, because I already knew that.
Friday, October 12, 2007
I had a great lunch yesterday.
Posted by
Brandy
at
11:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The mind is the best receiver of memories. What you have in there will last for eternity, a photo only for time. JCV
Ya, but a photo lasts a very long time and it helps remind my mind what it has in it. My mind doesn't always do that by itself.
Ditto Brandy! I find I remember things so much better when I have a photo to jog my memory.
I have a cell phone to "capture" those memories but always forget to do it.
Rebekah is a special young lady. She has a sweet spirit about her. She's a great kid. All of your children are very caring. No I am not Biased, just truthful
Post a Comment