After my grandmother's party, the work I had to do for the PTO has seemed like nothin'. As a room mom, I had to make a "booth". Luckily for me, the ladies that are in charge at Lorena are very opinionated and controlling. I don't have any 'say'--I just 'do'. So I was assigned the Ring Toss. Sounds easy. And it really was. I just had to provide 60+ 2-liter bottles of soda. They provided the rings. It only took two notes home begging for donations, but by-golly I got enough sodas! I scouted out the cheapest price, and found WalMart was the winner. I loaded my cart the first time with 34 bottles of soda. I felt sorta silly. When I returned on Friday, armed with an additional $30 of donations, I again filled my cart with 32 bottles of soda. The lady who checked out before me looked at the sea of soda coming her way on the conveyor belt and asked the obvious question, "Wow, that's a lot of soda. Are you thirsty?" Ha.....Ha. I should have explained to her that I was Mormon and believed in storing a year's supply of food and this week's food item was soda. But I don't lie.
I didn't get any good pictures, but at least there's proof we were there. My kids had a blast. They look forward to this festival all year. I look forward to it being over. Remember--I've been a room mom before.
1 comment:
well I'm so glad the fall festival was a hit, I miss being there this year and I really missed the auction.I'll be there next year, if I remember. HAHA
Post a Comment