Every Monday during family home evening we go around the room and each member of the family sets a goal that he or she would like to accomplish during the week. This past Monday, without any prompting, Emma said her goal was to "help mom around the house." With Brandy facing hernia surgery on Friday, it was a timely goal. I whispered in Isaac's ear and asked him to set the same goal and have Paul and Rebekah do the same thing. As Brandy asked each child their goal, the answer was the same. I, also, set a goal to "help around the house."
It was a neat family experience, but sometimes as individuals we don't always accomplish the goals we set. I could tell on Thursday that Brandy was discouraged with our progress on our goals. Before we went to bed that night, I reminded everybody about our goals and how we had not come close to accomplishing them.
It is Saturday now and the children are working in all corners of the house to get this place back up to mom's standards, not ours. They are cooperating and having a good time. It's too bad that Brandy is recuperating and asleep in bed. I think she would enjoy seeing our service in her behalf.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Serving Momma
Posted by
Paul
at
11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great goal! I want my family to make that goal (I guess I mean my husband).
I wish I would have woken up to a picked up house (not by me) and I didn't have surgery.
Post a Comment