Monday, October 29, 2007

A Night on the Haunted Trail



While Brandy was recuperating from surgery, my brother and I took the kids to the haunted trail here in Lorena. The fire department puts it on every year as a fund raiser. Our first year in Texas it was held at the firehouse, and I brought Paul and Rebekah. I regretted it immediately. They were too young to be chased out of a haunted house by a man with a chainsaw. This year I stayed off the trail and watched Isaac and Emma play with glowsticks -- Emma chewed a hole in hers and made her face glow. Rebekah did not even make it to the first scary part before turning around and joining me and the younger ones. Paul, Keith and Tori made it all the way through, but Tori was crying at the end. I think haunted houses were a lot more tame when I was young.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul How mean of you and Keith !!! I don't like haunted houses. Emma looks like she was having a ball. I love Isaac in his glasses he looks so good.

karin said...

Rebekah was smart to leave early, I do NOT like to be scared. Emma is looking so grown up in these photos.

TonyaKuykendall said...

Gee, my favorite is when Keith and Paul are LAUGHING at poor petrified Tori. Be careful boys... payback can be hazardous to your health. Mwa ha ha ha ha.

mistyp said...

I hate those things, too! I'd be crying if I ever went through one again!