Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Spaceships and babies....what next?

The road to Wal-Mart is long and narrow. Literally. I like to go the back way through the country. It's a good 10-minute drive. Emma, Jake and I headed down this road yesterday morning. In the silence of the drive, Emma began to sing to herself. She's particularly fond of Van Halen's "Panama" lately. She makes me show her the Panama movie her Dad made. The clip only has 17 seconds of the chorus, which Emma sings endlessly sometimes: "Panama-ha-ha-ha-ha...." Go ahead, click on the underlined "Panama" above and remind yourself.....

Anyway, this little car concert of hers caused her to journey out of reality for a bit. She began to insist that Paka was calling her from Panama. Calling her-like yelling for her, not phoning her. Then she insisted that she could hear him singing the Panama song. And that turned into her insisting that Panama was in the sky, and yes, she could now see Paka on a spaceship flying in the sky (Panama) over our car. Don't worry, Grandma was with him.

Of my four children, Emma speaks the clearest. My other three have each gone through speech therapy during Elementary school. I'm sure she won't need that. But....she's crazy. She may speak clearly, but she doesn't think clearly. Some people might label her as having a great imagination, or as being a great story teller, but I think she's just loopy. Ask my mom--when I was in the hospital having my gallbladder removed, she told my aunt that I was at the hospital getting a baby cut out of my stomach and his name was Allen. That girl can start some rumors!

5 comments:

Moore Fun Stories said...

I enjoy asking Emma questions about what she's been doing. She can really tell a story.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, Paka said you should have let her come with me. She does have a knack for telling things, I love listening to her.Tell her she needs to sing me the Panama song when I come home.

karin said...

She cracks me up! I wish she was in my Nursery class, it would be great entertainment every Sunday.
You should start keeping a journal of the things she says. We have one for my family "the quote book" and we put in funny things that people say, we found that it helps if you put referencing information with it to help remember the event/story.

Anonymous said...

Well at least you have one "crazy" one. JCV

Anonymous said...

Bran, remind me to tell you about the spaceship ride I had the other day to Lorena and back. I just sang the Panama song and rode.